- Advertisment -
HomeWorldSixth unconscious death in Chandigarh hospitals in a monthAchi News

Sixth unconscious death in Chandigarh hospitals in a monthAchi News

- Advertisment -

Achi News Updates,

ChandigarhA 30-year-old female patient who came for a tooth extraction at Dr. Harvansh Singh Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital in Chandigarh collapsed minutes before the procedure while sitting on the dental chair. The institute is a part of Panjab University campus in Sector 25. Sources said he was administered anesthesia when he felt dizzy and suffocated and died within minutes.

The victim has been identified as resident of SAS Nagar Smt. Notably, this is the sixth death in the last one month in Chandigarh, where the patient died mysteriously without any medical condition soon after being anaesthetized.

Earlier, five patients died on a single day in the first week of September before undergoing surgery at PGIMER Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh. All five victims had come for orthopedic and neurosurgery, and PGI doctors found that the only common link in all five deaths was the injection of propofol.

After the incident, doctors alerted the central drug quality control body CDSCO about the use of Propofol injection, an anesthetic given before major surgery. Following a complaint by PGI doctors, a CDSCO team came to collect the samples and sent them to the Central Drug Laboratory, Kolkata. Health officials say the batch of drugs that caused the death has been frozen for further distribution.

It is not clear which anesthetic was used in the patient who died yesterday, said Dr Suman Singh, director of health services in Chandigarh, adding, “The cause can only be known after the post-mortem. death Before that, try to guess anything. Sources said there is strong suspicion that anesthesia was the cause of the patient’s death.

The College of Dentistry clarified through an official spokesperson that prima facie it appears that the death was due to acute pulmonary edema and cardiopulmonary arrest. Pop singer Michael Jackson also died of an overdose of propofol after his personal physician left him unattended, giving him the drug to help him sleep, suffering from insomnia.

A strong case was filed against Jackson’s personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, for neglecting him, leading to the pop star’s death.

Also Read: Record Rupee Fall, Dwindling Foreign Exchange Reserves May Add To India’s Fiscal Troubles

The post Sixth post-anesthesia death in Chandigarh hospitals in a month appeared first on Indiaahead News.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular